Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter 7

Harry Potter 7

Murder, mayhem, magic and more romance than in previous books (Harry's becoming a man!). Harry will be off, once again, as Dumbledore says in Book Six, "to pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."

Do I care? I have this love-hate thing goin' on with Harry Potter.

On the one hand I bow down before the magical J.K. Rowling for thrilling children, particularly boys, into reading again.

But all the hoopla over poor Harry gets to be a bit much and geeze, you know, when I read this stuff I'm thinkin', "I can do better than this!"

Is this Muggle a little envious of Rowling's wizardry? You betcha. When my three-year-old kicked the broom out from under Harry Potter at the UBC Bookstore, I felt more than a little satisfaction

No comments: